Thursday, October 27, 2011

Discussions

I find myself continually blessed to be surrounded by people who love and know me well enough to still speak to me and ask me about Jairus. I know it is not the experience many people have when they are in grief.

We have also experienced the opposite...people find out about our stillborn son and it equals the end of a conversation. Or people know us but don't know how to bring him up or ask about the impact of Jairus's journey to heaven on our family, so it is never mentioned. I completely understand this, it's hard to talk about the hard things in life. And I know that the more time that passes, the more Jairus's death becomes a part of what is going on in our life, rather than the sole thing we are dealing with on a daily basis.

I guess I just wanted to take a moment to thank those of you who allow me to speak about my heaven baby. And also welcome those of you who have questions to share them, I'd love to get some feedback and ideas for blogging. Whether its about grief in general, faith, stillbirth, suffering, parenting or marriage during grief or specifically about my own experience...anything. Just know that I am willing to talk and answer questions to the best of my limited ability.

Sometimes we just don't have a place where we are allowed to question things, or fear that we'll come across as insensitive or stupid. But its not always so. Without being in honest communication about the harder things in life, we can't grow in understanding of the unknown. Feel free to drop me a line, I'd be really hnonored.

megt367@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment